tirsdag den 14. juli 2009

Goodafternoon everyone!!
I arrived in Florence about 2 hours ago and am once again sitting in a comfortable library doing a bit of blogging.I,ve decided to follow Highway 50 throughout Kansas instead of going onto 56 which is perhaps a bit shorter but just too straight for my liking!!I don't think it's going to make a great difference......I should be in Newton this evening and perhaps in Pueblo in 4 or 5 days time.
Yesterday was an interesting day,apart from the cycling,I managed to play in a couple of Bars and chat with a few people about my trip and also spoke to the Imporia Gazette about my tour, so I seem to be getting the MS awareness message across in various ways, Blogging , singing, cycling and interviews with the local press!!
It's 100 degrees outside now so I'll be making my way out of town in a couple of hours if it's a little cooler!
I hope all you bloggers are enjoying your summer.
Goodbye for now!

1 kommentar:

  1. Hi Ruppie! It's very nice, & impressing at the same time, that you have time and energy left to blog to the rest of the blogging world, sharing your adventurous days across the USA with us. It's almost a rutine now, every day to check mails and visit rupertdale.blogspot.com!! I was thinking about you the other day. The last 3-4 months has been too busy for running. So a week ago I bought new running shoes (the old ones were bought i the preparations for the Athen marathon more than 3 years ago!!), and started running again. Last sunday, Kirsten & Frans were giving a summerparty at their summer residence in Cape Klintholm, to celebrate the confirmation of their daughter Astrid one more time. In a moment of eager I took on my running shoes. During the running trip thougths were going back to the time we were running this route (and back home again, 35 km!!!)to prepare us for Stockholm. This time only 1 way knocked me down! At arrival I immediatly jumped in the sea, it was clouded, the water was (too) cold, and it took me about 2 hours to get to myself again! But still, it is a nice feeling to be 'back on the road'. Tomorrow we're leaving for France and I think running shoes will be in the suitcase as well, or rather backpack. We'll be visiting Theo & Lieske and their family, but I hope to go on a walking trip with my son as well, just a couple of days.
    Ok, Ruppie, dear friend, keep on going!! And we'll blog again.
    Cees & company

    SvarSlet